347-650-2446 We run a professional wildlife removal business operating in Staten Island, New York. We service the whole New York City metropolitan area, and do much of our work in Staten Island. We are a full-service
Staten Island animal trapping and removal company. We specialize in wildlife only, and are not like a regular Staten Island pest control company or Staten Island exterminator. We use humane methods to
solve wild animal problems in New York. We solve the root of the problem, by performing home repairs to keep animals out, and preventative measures in addition to critter trapping
and removal. We offer a variety of services, from animal damage repair to waste cleanup, dead animal removal and odor control, and more. We handle several nuisance wildlife
species, including squirrels, raccoons, snakes, skunks, and opossums. We also perform bat removal and bird control services, and rodent control, including poison-free mouse and
rat removal. Give us a call any time at 347-650-2446 to discuss your Staten Island animal control issue, and to schedule a fast appointment.
Staten Island wildlife control tip of the month:
How do I clean bat feces out of my attic?
If you see accumulation of bat guano (poop or feces) in your building or attic then removing the material is
not always the next step. Scattered bat droppings can be Staten Island animal control safely vacuumed, but problem arises when the droppings
pile up and fungus grows to develop spores. Removing the materials from the attic to a location where no human
activity prevails is probably the best course of action to be taken. Before coming to action just remember a short
inhalation of highly contaminated guano dust may be all Staten Island animal control that is needed to cause infection and subsequent development
of fungal disease.
If you are not aware of any preventive measure to be followed while cleaning up the bat guano, then you can always
seek the help of bat control professionals to clean up those Staten Island pest control droppings. They do the cleanup effectively and efficiently
by using industrial vacuums with special filters, thus reduces the risk to the worker himself. The professional are
supposed to be cladded with protective clothing and Staten Island pest control air mask to avoid breathing spores, which by far reduces the risk
of getting infected with the fungal spores.
However it is not that difficult or even hazardous to remove the guano if you follow some of the protective and precautionary measures:
• First and foremost a sick person should not do the cleanup; only healthy individual should go for it. Wearing
disposable protective gloves, hat, boots and coverall are highly imperative.
• It’s essential to wear a HEPA particulate respirator, with a highly effective filter which can filter particles as
small as 0.3 microns.
• Make sure you shut down the heating seal and cooling air ducts before you start doing the cleanup.
• Prior starting to shovel or sweeping the dry, dusty Staten Island wildlife removal guano or other bird droppings accumulated along with it.
Just dampen it with a water spray which will reduce the amount of dust aerosolized during your action of disposal.
You can also add a surfactant or wetting agent Staten Island wildlife removal to the water; this will help further to reduce the amount of aerosolized
dust. This precautionary step taken by you will prevent the spores from becoming Staten Island animal trapping airborne and spreading various diseases
which at times proves to be fatal in some cases.
• Put droppings into sealed plastic garbage bags or even better if you use a Staten Island animal trapping double layered sealed plastic bag.
• You can also use an industrial vacuum cleaner with high- efficiency (HEPA) filter attached to it as an easy alternative to a shovel.
• Even if you are finished with the disposal of the bat feces keep wearing Staten Island exterminator the respirator. Remove your protective
clothing after you are completely done and your attic is absolutely clean.
• Take a shower at the work site itself to prevent spreading the fungal spores.
• before disposing the waste check with local government agencies for Staten Island exterminator permissible trash places or trash pickup.
To learn more about our Staten Island pest animal removal services, visit the New York City animal trapping and removal home page or give us a call at 347-650-2446.